Friday 25 May 2012

Wasabi Peas


These mighty nuggets I do like to snack on. You can buy them just about anywhere. The ones I bought in this picture here are organic wasabi peas and they pack a punch. More then tantalizing your taste buds instead stimulating your nose. Even though I do find them a bit on the salty side, once I start eating these I find it hard to stop. The crunchiness can be a bit additive. But eventually I do because the burning sensation takes over. I don't recall if these are roasted or fried. Regardless I still limit this snack.   
You probably know wasabi, the green paste on the side, when you order sushi. Wasabi is extremely hot and comes from the same family as cabbages, horseradish and mustard. It is said to contain powerful antioxidants, potassium and calcium. It is sold in two forms which are: as a root or a tube of paste. - JW  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.