Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day Breakfast


Sunday breakfasts usually consist of one of the following... pancakes, french toast, crepes or eggs with bacon. Since it was Mother's Day my two children wanted to make me breakfast. Very sweet! When I asked what should we make, we being me included because I knew they would need a helping hand, my son said "well... I would like crepes" and my daughter said "I want french toast!" I sat there looking a both of them trying to decipher where I fitted in to the breakfast equation. After much consideration I decided on my version of Strawberry Shortcake. Both kidlets agreed and when I woke this morning I got straight to work. I made scones and topped them with strawberries and blackberries. Added a dollop of whipping cream and grated lemon rind. Every bit was mouth watering and were enjoyed by everyone. To all the domestic goddesses out there Happy Mother's Day! - JW  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.