Saturday 19 May 2012

My Food Revolution Dinner!



As you know Food Revolution Day was and still is today. I did my part and participated by hosting a dinner party. On the menu was chicken fajitas, corn on the cob with lime, fresh homemade guacamole and salsa and a mixed field green salad with homemade salad dressing. Nothing process or pre-packaged except the whole wheat wraps and sour cream. 


The corn on the cob was a last minute addition. I boil the cobs of corn in a large pot then I mixed melted butter, freshly squeezed juice from half a lime, grated lime rind a bit of salt and pepper. That was served with the corn on the cob. It tasted wonderful! It is now my favourite way to dress corn on the cob. If I had a barbeque I would have roasted the corn with the flavoured butter and slices of lime. Everything went over very well and the kidlets had fun assembling their fajitas. 




The aftermath! Plates were clean and everyone was satisfied and happy. I had lots of fun preparing this dinner. It is quite rewarding when you see your efforts being enjoyed by all.  




That's me... my party was a registered event! The only event in E-town! I hope everyone who took part in Food Revolution Day had fun too! Until next year. -JW 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.