Friday 27 January 2012

Egg Salad


I don't know about you but I peel my eggs while they are still hot. I find that every time I let them cool down the eggs do not separate from the shells so graciously. After the eggs have finished boiling, drain the water and then put them back in the empty pot and run cold water over them. Let them sit for a matter of seconds. Smack and roll the boiled egg on a flat surface, an instant tension releaser. All the while listening to the crack and crunch of the shell. Then peel away the shell. With the eggs still being hot your fingers get a bit of a workout. Repeat until all of the egg have their shells removed. With all the shells gone rinse the eggs under cold water and and place in a bowl. With a fork start mashing...


After mashing the eggs add a pinch of salt, pepper, green onion, a tablespoon of mayonnaise and a tablespoon of English salad cream. I absolutely luv salad cream and use it whenever I can. It adds a bit of tanginess and sweetness to your dish. To give a bit of heat or kick to your egg salad add hot sauce or my favourite Dijon mustard.



And when you are done you can dress it however you wish. Lettuce gives more crunch!
- jw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.