Wednesday 11 January 2012

roses are red and so are radishes

Something I have reintroduced myself to is the radish. It wasn't until I was at a dinner party and noted the brightly coloured root in the salad. Until then, I did not realise how much I have missed this little wonder. Radishes are rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid and potassium. They are also a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, copper and calcium. Normally radishes come with a bit of a spicy side however the radishes that I am currently buying seem less spicy and more sweet.



This is my salad: One bag of mixed field greens, some chopped cucumber and one bunch, approximately 11, radishes. mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar together with a pinch of salt and toss or individually drizzle dressing over served salad. If you don't want to make your own salad dressing then use which ever pre-made dressing you wish. I would avoid creamy dressing as I find that it takes away from the radishes. keep it light and fresh.


Here is my salad rounded out by a dinner of chicken meatloaf and oven roasted baby potatoes and carrots. A nice French red wine accompanied the meal. - jw

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful. I like radishes but never think to buy them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.