Thursday 19 January 2012

Soup is on!


Yesterday I made soup from left over pork tenderloin stock. While the stock simmered on the stove I chopped my veggies. When done I added the veggies and macaroni, I used elbow macaroni, to the stock and let everything simmer together. After about 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender I removed from heat. Added two dashes of hot sauce and four quick dashes of paprika. stirred and served with two slices of french baguette and grated parmesan cheese on top. Very hearty!

The reason why I added hot sauce and paprika was because the pork tenderloin was cooked with cumin and brown sugar. The stock was sweet in taste so I wanted to cut the sweetness down. The soup was savory, sweet and just a hint of spice. I also felt that the soup could have used a root vegetable like turnip. Turnip would have worked well with the over all flavour of the soup. - jw

1 comment:

  1. This sounds sooo good. I love soup.
    I plan to tag you on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.