Friday 5 July 2013

My Week In Food

This may be a new series of posts I do called My Week In Food. It will be more of a snapshot... a summary... the highlights of what I cooked or baked in a week. Most often than not I do not post everything I create and that goes for my other blog as well, unfortunately. Some weeks are busier inside and outside of the kitchen. My kidlets complain that I take to many photos of the things I cook or bake. I must admit that is true. I take plenty of photos only to narrow it down to one then the rest get deleted. I am a slave to my creations.    


These pancakes started off the Canada Day long weekend. They came with all the trimmings... and by that I mean maple syrup!


Visiting the farmer's market and spending sometime at the Legislature grounds had me making this fast summertime snack, nachos. Or as I like to call them my Canada Day nachos due to the fact I used red and white corn chips. 



I luv salads! Trying new ingredients to make salads fresh and tasty are a must. Pea sprouts are my salads new best friend!



An egg salad sandwich on marble rye was not immune to pea sprouts. They spruced up this otherwise bland sandwich. A lunchtime favourite of mine that is best with watercress. 


A glass of milk is all you need... my late night baking took a break from banana bread. I made chocolate chip cookies instead. 



What to do with that last little bit of mozzarella cheese... make another salad. There are chopped tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, red onions, raspberries, pea sprouts and cubes of mozzarella cheese. All tossed in a homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing. 

Have a great weekend everyone! - JW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.