Wednesday 1 February 2012

Sing it Sugar


This is a pocket-sized gem! The Some Like it Hot Cookbook (Hollywood Hotplates): 64 pages, first edition; 1996 by Abbeville Press. With that many pages I supposed it is easy to read this cookbook from front to back. Have a laugh or two and remember scenes from the movie. The food and drink recipes are creative and fun. The contents of the book are under six titles: Cocktail Party in Upper Seven, Dinner with Sweet Sue and Her Society Syncopators, Barbecue on the Beach, Dinner at the Cuban Roadhouse, Midnight Supper on the Yacht and Birthday Banquet for Spats. Anyone who has seen the movie will gather the references in the titles.



This cookbook has movie trivia, quotes and black and white photos from the film. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is hosting a dinner party. You certainly would have a blast creating from this book. I found the recipes easy to follow and most ingredients I already had on hand. I really want to make the Curried Corn Muffins, Shortbread Doubly Endowed with Ginger, Corsetless Cream Cheese Spread and Figs in Drag.



And some like it sweet... this is the Bang-up Banana Cake with Daphne's Naturally Blonde Frosting, I made! It was devoured by all respectfully *wink* -jw

2 comments:

  1. Such a good looking cake. Curried Corn Muffins - thats a combo of 2 of my favorite things. Please post that recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My polish is gold w silver sparkle over it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.