Tuesday 5 May 2015

Oven Roasted Chicken Kebabs

Since we do not have a barbeque and I wanted to make kebabs I thought I would try my hand at oven kebabs. How different could it be roasting the kebabs in the oven than barbequing them. I suppose the smoky barbeque flavour. Nothing beats that aroma. Regardless, this recipe is easy and so simple you can enjoy them all year round. Who needs a barbeque or to wait for barbeque season. 

I had the chicken and vegetables marinating, separately, for 5 hours. You do not have to marinate for that long... 2 hours will do. I made a homemade marinade of oil, lemon juice, herbs, and spices.  

Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Place the kebabs on the lined tray, in a row, and bake in a pre-heated 400ºF oven for about 30-40 minutes or until meat is fully cooked. You can turning them once or twice or about every 10 minutes. I find roasting them at a higher temperature seals in the juices and almost mimics that grilled flavour. Roasting them at a low temperature allows the juices to run out. When done remove the tray from the oven and serve. 

Notes: You can use whatever meat you like. Tofu works great for kebabs too. 

They were enjoyed by all. I served the kebabs with a side of couscous and a lovely leafy green salad.  

Hope everyone had a good weekend, we did! - JD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.