Wednesday 27 May 2015

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter and Strawberry Ice Cream

We were busy over the weekend making ice cream. My son made chocolate with peanut butter and mini dark chocolate chips and my daughter kept it simple by making strawberry. Both flavours tasted great however both feel that the ice cream my son made was the more flavourful of the two. As my daughter says "his ice cream is so yummy!" Homemade strawberry ice cream taste quite different than strawberry ice cream one is used to purchasing. Just pure mashed up fresh strawberries. We did add a tiny drop or two of red food colouring to make the ice cream a pale pink colour just to enhance the strawberry experience.    

Although I am a fan of fruit ice creams, the double chocolate peanut butter tasted amazing and is the most sought out flavour at dessert time. My son wants to make peanut butter bacon ice cream next and as for my daughter she would like to make peanut butter and jam ice cream. I would like to make rum raisin for my husband. 

The first batch of ice I made, vanilla chocolate chip, was semi soft whereas these two were a bit more firm. Which really isn't a huge problem. I just had to take the ice cream out of the freezer a few minutes before serving.     


Rather than fuss with melted chocolate or use chocolate syrup I found chocolate sweetened condensed milk which made things simpler. We used all natural salt free peanut butter  and of coarse mini dark chocolate chips.




Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
----------------------------------------------------------------
1 pint of whipping cream or heavy cream
1 can (14 oz) of Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 to 4 tablespoons all natural salt free peanut butter
1/4 cup of mini  dark chocolate chips

Place the whipping cream into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand held mixer whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.

Then add the whole can of flavoured, in this case chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Blend until thick.

Using a spatula gently fold in the chocolate chips until incorporated.

Then transfer to a clean freezer friendly plastic container. Cover and freeze for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.