Friday 1 May 2015

Dandelion Tea


Trying dandelion tea came as a suggestion to me and one that I thought I would regret. Contemplating tea in the aisle at my local organic shop had me a bit hesitant. The last time I switched brands because I thought almost all teas were created equal, I got a bit of a surprise to say the least and vowed never to stray again. Although in hindsight it probably would have cured whatever ailed you. My thoughts were that I did not need curing that bad. Reluctant as I was, I did purchase a box. That afternoon we brewed a pot. No strong odour and no yellow colour that is forever assoicated with the incessant backyard weed. The teacup went from table to nose with little avail. No fowl herbal decoction passed through my nostrils. The warm teacup then pressed against my lips. I paused, then inhaled one apprehensive sip. The nutty mallow flavour was pleasing to my preconceived palette. Relieved, we relaxed and enjoyed the herbal refuge to our afternoon.   

After some research there seems to be many benefits to drinking dandelion tea. 

- helps digestive disturbances

- reduces inflammation

- helps reduce cholesterol

- contain antioxidants

- packed with vitamins and minerals

- relieves bloating and water retention

- helps rheumatism and arthritis 

- boosts immunity 

And these are just a few. 



Have a good weekend everyone! - JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.