Friday 29 May 2015

Couscous Salad

This is a super easy quick salad to make for lunch or dinner. There are not to many ingredients to get worried about and you can pretty much make it up as you prepare. This time I wanted to keep the salad simple so that the kidlets would eat it.  

Cook the couscous according to the package. I simmered the couscous in low sodium chicken broth to give it a bit of flavour. Once the couscous is done, take the prepared couscous and place it in a large bowl to cool down a bit. 

In the meantime you can slice and dice whatever herbs and veggies you want to add. In this case I chopped fresh parsley, tomatoes, and green onions. I also drained and rinsed a can of chickpeas. 

Once the couscous has cooled down, place all the veggies and herbs in the bowl and stir to combine. At this point I had a lemon so I grated the lemon rind and added it to the couscous mixture. This gave the salad a more summery zing. I gave it one more stir to  ensure the lemon rind was distributed well. You can add a bit of salt and pepper if you like. Also if you have a homemade salad dressing, drizzle just a bit of that over the top and toss to add more flavour. 

This is a no fuss salad with plenty of healthy fresh options.

Have a good weekend everyone! - JD   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.