Thursday 26 September 2013

Tomato and Halloumi Cheese


This salad was or is in part inspired by a very good friend who showed me many years ago when I was visiting her that she would fry Halloumi cheese and eat it as a snack. I know fried cheese isn't the most healthiest ingredient to add to a salad. However it is quite lovely. It is saltier than feta and has a cheese curd like consistency. 

I sliced yellow and red tomatoes arranging them on a plate. Then I thinly sliced some red onions and then some radishes. Arranging them with the tomatoes. Then topped the salad with three pieces of Halloumi cheese. I had already made a dressing of basic oil and vinegar with herbs which was drizzled over the top. Very simple. Very fast. Easy and delicious. Enjoy! -JW  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.