Wednesday 4 September 2013

One Pot Tabbouleh Bread

I stumbled upon this recipe due to an artist friend who was quite thrilled with the idea. I tried many years ago to make bread and it just became one massive scone! I laugh now however it completely put me off of making bread for awhile. I did have a bread machine a few years back that was ever so convenient and would make these glorious high mounted loaves. Until it broke down and my desire to make bread came back. Being a bit shy and waiting for the right recipe, I knew my efforts would work this time. 


It's called the One Pot Tabbouleh Bread because you make it in a 3 quart non stick saucepan adding lovely fresh herbs like parsley, chives, and mint. You also use bulgar, and grated lemons rind. What is great about this recipe is that there is no need to use various bowls just the one pot. I however did not have non stick saucepan so I prepared everything in a bowl and baked it in a lined springform pan. I was that eager to try this intriguing recipe. Even though the allure is in using the one pot as you can see from the above photo mine turned out just fine! No matter how you sliced it, it was savoury and delicious. Full of flavour that tantalized your taste buds.  


The bread keeps very well and can be used for a variety of things... sandwiches, cheese on toast, croutons, dipped in houmous, and served as an appetizer with various toppings. I know on the website, Parsley, Sage and Sweet, it is suggested to dip it into olive oil mixed with fresh lemons. For the recipe click *HERE* you won't be disappointed! Hope you all had a great weekend! - JW 


2 comments:


  1. Hi Jacqueline,
    Great post on Tabbouleh Bread! Please e-mail me at natdecants@nataliemaclean.com. It’s about wine of course :)
    Cheers,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and you're welcome, Natalie! Never got a notification about your comment. Just noticed it now when going through the comments section.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.