Friday 1 March 2013

Twin Sun Toast


This is my version of the Twin Sun Toast from the Star Wars cookbook. The original has you cutting out two round circles in the bread, using a small cookie cutter. The smallest cookie cutter I had and the shape of the bread enabled me to make the two twin suns. Instead I made one sun, the egg, in each piece of bread. All was good and one might say that the two cut out pieces of bread could pose as the twin suns.

Essentially you use a small cookie cutter to cut out two or as in my case one, circles in each slice of bread. Place the cut out pieces aside. They may be served buttered or dry on the plate. Add a good amount of butter in the bottom of a pan. Let is melt completely and move the pan around to coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Then place the bread inside the pan. Break the an egg each of the holes that you cut out using the cookie cutter. Let the egg set a bit, become white. Then this is the real tricky part you have to flip the bread with the egg over. Be careful. The egg yolks may break but never mind. I don't think your stomach will complain. You want the egg to set a bit more or to your liking. Then remove from pan and serve. 

Now my eggs stuck a bit and I added sufficient butter. The yolks were a bit runny. So  I toasted the round cut out pieces of bread and served them so you could dunk them in the yolks. This makes for a great weekend breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.