Thursday 21 March 2013

Falafel and Cucumber Dip


The other day I was cruising the aisle at the new No Frill's grocery store in our neighbourhood and I found a falafel mix by Alfez which salt quantity wasn't that bad... I think it was 10% or less and which fat and ingredient contents were pretty palatal. So I purchase said box and happily walked home. That night I made the mix into falafel patties not the round meatball shape that is the usually recognizable symbol of the falafel. I was impressed as they were quite tasty. Even though I would purchase this mix again, I would still like to make falafels from scratch. 


To compliment the falafel patties I made a cucumber dip/sauce otherwise known as Tzatziki sauce. I took the remainder of the plain organic yoghurt I had and placed it in a bowl. Then I chopped up some cucumbers into tiny bits... not to fine I wanted the dip to have some crunch. Then I finely chopped a shallot and added both cucumber and shallot to the yoghurt. I then added a bit of dill, summer savoury, pepper and a pinch of salt. Stirred to mix everything together. Covering the bowl with cling film and letting it sit for and hour or so. It was very delicious! - JW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.