Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Eve Eats 2012

I spent most of New Years Eve in the kitchen baking, cooking and preparing. It may not be how everyone spends New Years Eve Day however I quite enjoyed it. I kept everything simple and delicious, of course. 


I made savoury quiche with organic sharp old cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes and my new found favourite spice, summer savoury.



I also served goats cheese with radishes on gluten free crackers. The crackers I bought from a local tea shop, Cally's Teas and are made on site by their cook/baker extraordinaire. 



I also purchased... even though I know how to make scotch eggs... from a local British Food Shop here in E-town. I was having a scotch egg craving and these tend to go fast. They were very delicious! I still would have preferred to make them however they did just nicely. Adding another savoury element to the meal.  



And for the dessert, remember the cookbook Plum Pudding Pie I spoke about and shared the Chocolate Rum Mousse recipe from... well here it is. Even though there is a certain amount of fusing it was easy to make. I served it in a martini glass with whip cream and a chunk of Lindt Orange Intense Dark chocolate on top. Candied orange peel would have worked as well. The orange flavour from the chocolate complimented this fabulous dessert exceptionally! The meal was filling however light. The champagne was sparkling and the dessert was heavenly. A great way to ring in the new year. 
Happy New Year everyone! - JW  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.