Tuesday 15 January 2013

Leftovers #3 - Savoury Crêpes


When you open up the refrigerator and think... what meal can I make with these leftovers. It's amazing what you can come up with. I had left over crêpes, pork tenderloin, cooked veggies, fresh kale and stock. I decided that a savoury crêpe with gravy and a kale salad would be what's for dinner. 

First, I chopped the meat and veggies into random pieces. Filled each crêpe with the meat and veg, tucked and rolled each crêpe until there were two bundles laying side by side on the plate. The salad was chopped kale with radishes and cherry tomatoes and a homemade dressing was drizzled on top. Then it was time to make the gravy. I used the left over Guinness infused stock from the other night. I added some paprika and sage to the gravy which gave it a fabulous flavour. Then I pour it over the top of both crêpes. Dinner was done! Fast, easy and very delicious. All the plates came back virtually licked clean! -JW  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.