Wednesday 5 September 2012

Wye Bakery


One of the delightful places I managed to stop by was the Wye Bakery in Wye, Kent. When you walk through the doorway you walk down a long semi dark corridor. You can sense the anticipation of what delicious treats await you. Then, crossing the threshold what lies before you is pure bakery heaven. It's a very small bakery with a low ceiling, which adds to it's charm. Two can stand comfortably but five or more and it's close for comfort however extremely worth it. I would patiently rub elbows until I got my almond croissant.

I asked the owners for a photo op and the delightful couple/owners were very happy to. It is quite clear that they are very good at what they do! I bought a loaf of sourdough bread, two almond croissants and one plain croissant. It is my understanding, as it was explained to me, that the flour they use is shipped in from France and they bake in the traditional way. Making their croissants light, buttery and melt in your mouth. If given the chance I would definitely stop by there again!  - JW      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.