Friday 28 September 2012

Herb and Blue Cheese Bites


I made these tasty herb and blue cheese bites the other night. They were quick and easy.

I bought a package of locally made organic whole wheat pita. Cut each one into four triangles. Set the oven to 375ยบ. Lined a baking tray with parchment paper and placed the cut pita on the prepared baking tray. In a small bowl, I added some olive oil and some of my favourite herbs. Thyme, rosemary and garlic. Mixed the herbs and oil together. Then brushed the mixture on top of each pita piece. I then crumbled blue cheese on top. Placed the tray in the oven and baked for about 20 minutes... until the cheese had bubbled and melted. Since I was serving pasta with homemade spaghetti sauce these bites accompanied the meal nicely. They were very delicious and devoured by everyone! Have a good weekend! - JW  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.