Tuesday 25 September 2012

Chicken Tomato Pesto Pasta


Now if saying that isn't a mouthful then I don't know what is. I made this the other night. It was quick and easy... providing you have some left over roasted chicken in your refrigerator. Sometimes you need something quick!  

First I cooked the pasta, according to the package and then drained the spaghettini. A tip on draining pasta... don't complete drain all the liquid off, leave the pasta with a little bit on makes it easier for sauces to coat the pasta. Since I was cooking for five people I transfered the drained pasta into a large bowl. Once in the large bowl I added some already prepared low salt tomato pesto, enough to coat all the pasta. Added a few lugs of olive oil. Some pepper, paprika and chives. Making sure that the pasta gets coated well. Then I added the diced roasted chicken. I saved the parmesan cheese to be added at the dinner table just in case someone didn't want any.

Simple if you have a few things on hand. A great way to use left overs. I know I used a prepared pesto sauce however we are all pressed for time and having that tiny jar was great. When using anything prepared I do try to get the healthiest of the bunch. Low salt, low fat, low sugar. I do read my labels. Something that I have taught my kidlets to do at a young age. There are many ways you can change this dish up. Adding different types of meat or soy, veggies, spices, oils and pastas. -JW     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.