Monday 12 March 2012

Going Coastal


This by far is one of my favourite cheeses. It is a slightly crumbly aged cheddar to which my mouth waters for... melting in my mouth... awaking my taste buds...! Coastal British cheddar has a distinct flavour that works well with crackers, plain or topped with chutney and sandwiches, a ploughman's. Wish I had some on Saturday to top my chicken burger off with. As rich and glorious as this cheese is I find eating a little on it's own goes a long way. Don't be alarmed at the crunchy bits. That is the calcium crystals which form in cheeses once they have hit their maturity. If I remember correctly it costs $6.99 Cdn for 200g. Expensive but worth it. -jw



© copyright photos by Jacqueline Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.