Thursday 15 March 2012

Fifteen Brownies


For the past 3-4 weeks I have had a luv/hate relationship with the cooker. Both elements stopped working at separate times, weeks apart. Finally today all seems right with the oven as the second element has been replaced. Thrilled with things returning to a normal pace in the kitchen, I couldn't wait to whip something up. The recipe of choice was Jamie Oliver's Fifteen brownies. The famous fuchsia silicone pan from Fifteen London was a gift from my friend whom I took there for dinner. We both ate the five coarse vegetarian menu option and got to meet the Head Chef that night. It was a very lovely dining experience.

Since then that fuchsia pan has been used quite a few times. The sweet thing about the pan is that the recipe is imprinted right on the bottom of the pan. If you haven't been to Fifteen London and do not have his signature bakeware, not to worry, you can find the recipe at Jamie Oliver's website and use whatever pan you have. Just type in bloomin' brilliant brownies in the search banner. The recipe on the website added dried sour cherries and chopped nuts. I didn't add either. Also because I just got a new element in the oven I was being cautious and may have left them in a bit longer than suggested. Still they turned out bloomin' brilliant! Tonight I will serve it with a bit of ice cream and sliced strawberries on the side. -jw


© copyright photos by Jacqueline Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.