Friday 9 March 2012

Freshly Squeezed

Usually I have my grapefruit cut in half and the sections carefully ran through with a knife in the mornings. I luv digging into the little pie shaped pieces hitting the right angle to avoid getting a squirt in the eye. When I was a kid my happiness for grapefruit was nonexistent. Instead I marvelled in oranges. This week I have been fighting of a horrible cold which seems to have centred around my tonsils. I am feeling much better. This morning however the lowly bag a ruby red grapefruit with it's remaining four sat on the floor begging for me to do something with it. Or it could be since I bought a new bag of grapefruits that I am wanting to dive into that bag. Whatever it may be I decided to squeeze the heck out of those four grapefruits for a glass of juice!


When I said squeeze that is exactly what I meant! The old fashion way... hey so much can be said for originality. Making juice this way gets your blood flowing... muscles working. Another great tension/stress releaser.



As you can see I whipped those remaining four grapefruits out of shape. I squeezed every last drop I could get. You can see the beautiful colour of the juice settling into the bottom of the container. Absolutely stunning!



After all that squeezing I managed to get about a half pints worth of juice. Not bad. Look at the beautiful colour!



No added sugars. Just pure and simple and packed with lots of vitamin C! Very refreshing. Enjoy the warm weather and your Friday! - jw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.