Friday 2 May 2014

My Week In Food

This is my version of the Coronation Chicken salad. Nothing can get better unless you can add a bit of curry to it. Fresh red peepers and celery. Diced chicken. A handful of crushed almonds. Some mayonnaise and curry powder. Keeping calm and caring on never tasted so good. 


Getting back to basics with this spinach Greek salad. Colourful and fresh all settled with a savoury dressing. 



I made a pot of tangy barbeque sauce... 



That was poured over chicken drumsticks and baked in the oven. 


A trip to the farmers market earlier this week had me bringing home all sorts of fresh and tasty goodies. This red lentil pate is one of them. Delicious with crackers and pita bread. It can also be used as a sandwich spread. 

I did say curry earlier and I am saying it again. I found this spice mix at the grocery store, Save On Foods. Just add the chicken, tomatoes, and cream. Making curry from scratch just got easier. I found the chicken curry to be spicier than others however I feel it is more of a true chicken curry. I highly recommend this spice brand.     


And finally... I used the Camp coffee in baking and last night I decided to make a coffee with it. Very easy to make add about 8 ounces of hot milk to 1 1/2 teaspoons of Camp coffee. As the milk was heating I used a whisked to give it a bit of froth. It had a lovely mild caramel flavour. I have also been told that you can make it with hot water and then add the milk. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend! - JW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.