Friday 30 August 2013

It's all Butter Boxes and Measuring Cups to Me!

While I was away I did manage to pop into some kitchenware stores. The one that I most wanted to go to was closed for renovations. Instead I sought out other options and a good thing I had. Sometimes it is the little things that offer the most help. 


Charlotte Watson's Butter Box. The butter server I had was small and narrow and cutting the butter to a size that would fit was becoming a challenge. Not to mention in the summertime when temperatures rise, the butter falls and melts and comes out the sides. Not my idea of fun. This butter box makes it easy. A whole pound will fit... you might have to squidgy it down a bit however it has saved me some time, mathematics and some buttery fingers.  


European Measuring Cups. Measuring in pints, fluid ounces, milliliters has become exact! Even though I do not mind getting up to a challenge in the kitchen, with converting measurements, however when you do those conversions there is still a chance that one can be slightly off. And that poses a 50/50 chance that whatever one is baking may or may not turn out. I would rather get on with baking than be in a state of tweaking this and that. These measuring cups will take some of the guess work out of it and those British, Vintage and European cookbooks I have will be even more handy.

Have a great weekend everyone! - JW    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.