Wednesday 31 October 2012

Blackcurrant and Shallot Pork Tenderloin



I had some Blackcurrant and Shallot compote for brie cheese in the fridge that desparately wanted to be used or should I say that I wanted to use. Knowing that pork tenderloin was on the dinner menu I decided that this is where it shall go. As much as I like using the oven having a slow cooker can be just as effective in having delicious tasting meals as long as you are able to plan ahead.  

I place about a 1/2 cup of low sodium organic chicken stalk in a slow cooker. Added some veggies like carrots, potatoes, onions and leeks. Then place the pork tenerdloin on top and add the remaining veggies around the pork tenderloin. Then drizzled some olive oil on top.  Adding a pinch of salt and some pepper. Then placed the blackcurrant and shallot compote on top of the pork and cooked on high for about 6 hours. 


The house smelt wonderful. I served the pork with a bit of hot English mustard with red chili on the side which complemented the sweetness of the pork. The veggies were tender and had a hint of sweetness to them thanks to the compote. It was simply a delicious robust meal. - JW   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.