Monday 30 April 2012

Lemon Curd


Another spread I like is lemon curd. The label states "surprising english flavour." I was assuming that Rule Britannia would play when I opened the jar or with a mere morsel I would be enjoying a lovely picnic in Regent's Park. It did neither! When I think of lemon curd I think of Scotland. Why? I have no idea! Lemon curd is of Great Britain; England, Scotland and Wales, origin. I have tried many curds... Fortnum and Mason's being, by far, the best! This one I place second. I have made my own lemon curd to which I was quite pleased with my first time results. I find it is a great alternative to jam and can be used on a variety of things. Such as crumpets, scones, pancakes, sponge cakes, toast, ice cream and yoghurt. -JW



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.