Tuesday 3 November 2015

Chocolate Croissants

The other day I made chocolate croissants for brunch. I had an easy recipe that I was eager to try plus all the ingredients therefore I could not wait to make them. The croissants turned out alright; considering this was my first attempt at something so delectably sinful. I will definitely make these again, possibly trying other fillings such as fruit or marzipan. Following the recipe are my photos throughout the recipe stages. Enjoy!

Chocolate Croissants
------------------------------------------------
1 x package of ready puff pastry
Nutella 
1 egg beaten
sliced almonds
and some melted dark chocolate for drizzling on top

Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC)

Line a baking tray with parchment paper.

Roll out the puff pastry according to the package. Using a pastry cutter or a pizza cutter cut the puff pastry into triangles and spread some Nutella in the middle of each. Roll each into a coiled croissant shape; brush lightly with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the top of each formed croissant with the sliced almonds. Bake on the prepared tray for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of each croissant.

Notes: You do not have to use Nutella; you could try chocolate chips or broken up chunks of chocolate. 


My chocolate croissant recipe photos:

 Preparing...  rolling out the puff pastry and cutting it into squares or rectangles, first.  



I was so eager... probably too eager and in my culinary zone that after spreading some Nutella in the centre of each cut out pastry it was only then I realized that I did not cut  the pastry again to make triangle shapes... my husband and I had a laugh and I proceeded to roll them into a croissant shape, the best way I could, regardless. 


 Ready for the oven... more like a crescent moon shape then a croissant shape.   


 Out of the oven... nicely golden and puffed up, waiting for more chocolate.


Drizzle... the finishing touches before they said hello and goodbye to our stomachs. Regardless of the shape they were very pleasantly edible and enjoyed by everyone!   

- JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.