Thursday 10 September 2015

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Fall is in the air and that means everything is turning up pumpkin and these delicious cookies are another way to enjoy pumpkin. I did toss in some ground flax seeds for an added bonus; I am on a ground flax seed kick right now therefore I add it to everything. These are my kidlets favourite cookie so far. The cookies made with mashed avocado were less so.      




Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
-------------------------------------------------------------
1 1/2 cups butter, soften
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin purée
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC)

Beat butter and both sugars together in a large bowl until creamy. Add the pumpkin purée, egg and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.

Mix flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; stir into the creamed butter mixture until combined. Fold the chocolate chips into batter. Drop 1 to 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie onto a baking sheet.

Bake in the pre-heated oven until the edges of each cookie are lightly browned, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.  

Notes: I added 2 to 3 tablespoons of grounded flax seeds with the dry ingredients.  When trying a recipe for the first time I usually follow it to a T, however I felt with this recipe the butter and sugar could be reduce. The next time I make this recipe I will do so. You could also add chopped walnuts, if you like. I did not have mini chocolate chips so I used a good quality standard size chocolate chips. The pumpkin purée I use was organic. I did not have quick-cooking oats so I used what I had on hand and that was large flaked oats.


Hope everyone had a good weekend! It's back to school for most... including my two. 
- JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.