Friday 18 September 2015

Food Photo of the Day ~ Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli with Cheese

I do not mind cheesy sauces however it always conjures up as a smothering heavy pool sitting with you well after dinner has finished. When I made this oven roasted cauliflower and broccoli, the cheese was an after thought. Rather than make a gooey cheese sauce I just grated some strong cheddar cheese. Once the vegetables were finished roasting; I sprinkled the cheese over the top and the dish was put back into the oven to let the cheese melt. Sparing a dense overindulgent sauce for something a bit more modest and light. The vegetables were tasty to begin with and the cheese added a bit more flavour which went down like a treat with the kidlets and my husband. An easy way to add a bit more flavour and comfort to an already satisfying dish. 

Have a good weekend everyone! - JD  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.