Friday 6 February 2015

Our Dinner Party

The other night we hosted a dinner party. It was nice to relax in the comfort of our home creating a delicious meal for friends. It was a fantastic evening! Everyone had a wonderful time. This is what we served... 



When our guests arrived we offered Fortnum & Mason charcoal biscuits with blueberry goats cheese and olives stuffed with feta cheese.



Salad was the starter and it was my take on the classic Caesar salad. Romaine lettuce with a herbal vinaigrette... I used the Camelina oil (which is also sold at the Italian Centre here in E-town), parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.  





For the main course I made Jamie Oliver's, Ground Beef Wellington, and a side of fluffy mashed potatoes. It was my first time making this version of the Wellington and it turned out beautifully. 


And finally dessert was made mostly by my husband... I did the finishing touches. It was Nigel Slater's White Chocolate Cardamom Mousse. Absolutely divine. 

Stay warm and have a good weekend everyone! - JD  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.