Tuesday 8 October 2013

Leftovers #7 - Roasted Potato and Chickpea Salad

I made this quick and simple salad by putting to use the leftover roasted potatoes we had the other night and about 1/3 cup of chickpeas that were leftover from those yummy Chickpea and Chocolate Chip cookies. 


I first chopped the the celery and green onions and placed them in a bowl. I then added the chickpeas. I diced, without any rhyme or reason, the potatoes and added them to the bowl. Tossing gently and adding about 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and a 1/4 cup of greek yoghurt. Then came a couple of pinches of pepper. A 1/4 teaspoon of cumin and 1 1/2 teaspoons of curry powder. You can always adjust the cumin and curry spices to your liking. I luv the taste and aroma of curry therefore I could not resist adding a bit more. Stir gently to coat. Let it mellow for about an hour, or longer if possible, in the refrigerator so all the flavours can come together. Then serve. 

I washed and cut the top of of a red pepper. Cleaned out the inside and placed the potato salad in the hollowed out pepper. There is a little bit left for today's lunch and I am sure the curry flavour has intensified.  - JW  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.