Thursday 24 October 2013

Eco Pan Clean Up!

Remember I spoke about this pan. You can find my post about this pan in the Labels section under cookware and bakeware. Still luv the pan and use it just about everyday. However... 




Over time a large blacken circle began to appear. Regardless the pan still worked like a charm. If anything the massive darken spot became annoying. Many months ago when I bought the pan I did read the care instructions. Since then and in all my excited glory I have forgotten one specific one... how to clean the pan if it gets to this point. It wasn't until we were browsing the aisle at Winners, where I bought the pan from, and spotted more of those very pans. I diligently picked one up and re-read the care instructions again. Baking soda! Baking soda, water and a non abrasive scrubby. Immediately after returning home we got straight to work and tried sorting out that pan. It was a daunting task and with many tries. By many I mean about up to 10 times, doing little bits here and there after we had used the pan. Determination and elbow grease go along way...





The blacken spot gone! The pan looks almost brand new. The bottom refreshed. All is smooth and clean. - JW  

2 comments:

  1. The bottom line is that it absolutely depends! No options get perfect scores for safety, convenience, and functionality. If you’re like me and cook three times a day, you’ll probably need a combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, having a combination does help however being environmentally friendly is a bonus! Cookware/bakeware innovations seem like they are forever changing; changing with the consumer and environment in mind. What works for one kitchen may not for another kitchen. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.