Friday 4 October 2013

Chickpea Cookies


This looks like any chocolate chip cookie however there is no flour, no oil, and no white sugar. They are grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. The recipe has been floating around Facebook and I was very eager to try them. Thank you, Christie

For the recipe click *HERE*  

They are made with natural peanut butter although I made mine with almond butter. I do not have a food processor so I had to make due with a blender. Also I did not roll them into a ball as suggested instead I spooned them out onto the parchment paper lined cookie tray. I left them to bake in the oven a few minutes longer than the suggested 10 minutes. They are very delicious! 

At first, my kidlets were not too pleased to find that one of the ingredients were chickpeas. However once they were in the oven baking and the chocolate vanilla baked goodness starting wafting, they were all curious. And had to devour one mere seconds after leaving the piping hot cookie tray.  

Have a good weekend everyone! -JW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.