Tuesday 26 February 2013

Quick Lemon Herb Salmon




I really didn't have time to fuss over dinner so making this salmon was easy. As I grabbed one ingredient after another the ideas started flowing. What I did know is that I did not want to add dill. This is a pretty basic no fuss way of doing salmon. Adding some freshly grated ginger would have been a nice touch. You can added whatever herbs you like. It was nice to break away from the usual dill that gets added to salmon dishes. As for the lemon... well I am such a citrus girl and quite like a bit of pucker!  

First, I covered a baking tray with parchment paper. Then I placed the pieces of salmon on the lined tray. Over each piece of salmon, I squeezed fresh lemon juice. Drizzled a bit of olive oil. Added a bit of freshly ground black pepper. I scattered a generous amount of mixed herbs. Placed a nice lemon sliced on top, adding a bit more herbs and then drizzled a good amount of balsamic vinegar over each slice. The salmon sat, to infuse, as the oven warmed up. With the oven hot at about 350ºF/175ºC, I placed the tray inside the oven and baked the salmon pieces for about... 15 minutes. If you do have time to plan ahead you can easily make this as a marinade and let the salmon sit overnight. -JW 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.