Wednesday 13 February 2013

Mascarpone Sauce

I bought some ravioli from the Italian Centre and realised that I haven't had an alfredo sauce in quite some time. In my hunt for the perfect recipe... I always sift through the many cookbooks I have looking at all the possibility for a particular recipe. After much cross referencing and deliberation I combined 2 to 3 recipes to make one recipe. It's handy having as many cookbooks as I do! While I was feeling out my recipe I came across this mascarpone sauce and in a blink of an eye I decided that would be the more fitting sauce for the ravioli.


It is one of those moments when everything comes together. The sauce was creamy with just the right amount of garlic and a delicate sage flavour. 


Mascarpone Sauce with Garlic, Mushrooms and Sage
------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 tablespoons of butter
1-2 cloves of garlic
8oz/225g of mushrooms of your choice
9oz/250g of mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon fresh or dried sage
salt and pepper, optional 

Melt the butter in a large skillet or pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat and stir in the mascarpone cheese, milk, and sage. Stir carefully, making sure everything is combined and the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Pour over pasta and toss to coat.  



You can serve this sauce over any pasta. It went well with the fresh ravioli I bought from the Italian Centre. A bit of shaved parmesan cheese on top and a sprinkle of fresh parsley and you are good to go! - JW   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.