Friday 22 February 2013

Goats Cheese on Pumpernickel


Those brick like loaves of pumpernickel always fascinated me when I was a little girl. How did they condense all that bread into those thin slices? How does it toasts? Is this bread just for such gatherings where only fine finger food and champagne are served? Or is it more of an afternoon tea bread? I felt very compelled to buy such said loaf when I was browsing the aisles of the German Deli.

I made a round of these tasty morsels to share for lunch. Goats cheese on thin pumpernickel slices, cut in half and then cut in half again to make a square shape. Then I spread some champagne dill mustard on top of the cheese, added a radish, cucumber or tomato and then sprinkled summer savoury over all the prepared slices. I served them with a pot of Earl Grey tea. There are many options for dressing these pumpernickel slices. The possibilities are endless and you can get the kids involved. They will have loads of fun adding their favourite toppings. Enjoy your weekend! - JW  



2 comments:

  1. how very coincidental. I got the pumpernickel that I hadn't had before and put cream cheese and cucumber on it yesterday. It'll go to my food blog in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream cheese is another great option. Great minds think a like!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.