Friday 27 July 2012

Garlic Spaghetti


For the past two nights we have had garlic pasta as a side dish. As usual I cooked too much pasta, however this time it was a good thing.. This dish is simple and brimming with loads of flavour. To make this dish you will need olive oil, garlic, parsley and pasta.

In a fry pan heat 1/2 cup of olive oil with 3 cloves of crushed or chopped garlic. I finely chopped mine. Stir constantly until golden brown. Making sure not to burn the garlic because it will upset the taste. When the garlic is golden brown remove the pan from the heat and set a side. Now you can go ahead a cook your pasta, about 450g. I used spaghettini or angel hair pasta. I didn't really measure out my pasta... I just estimated, as I always do and also seeing how there was a half cup of olive oil I knew I wanted the pasta coated well in the garlic oil but not swimming in the oil. Once the pasta is cooked. Drain and transfer to an appropriate sized serving dish. Pour the garlic olive oil over top. Toss to coat. Then add some chopped parsley... about 3 tablespoons. However I added more. It's parsley it's not going to harm you. You may also add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. I served this dish with shaved parmesan over top. Classic.   

Despite everyone having seconds. There was plenty left over. The next night we heated the left over spaghettini in a pan. Cooked and seasoned chicken breasts and voila seasoned chicken with garlic pasta! You can do endless things with this simple recipe and have a variety of meals all stemming from this dish. You can have it as a base for a pasta salad with chopped veggies. You could also add chopped Italian sausages, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary... oh and thyme. My son didn't want me to forget about that herb. Enjoy your weekend! - JW
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.