Wednesday 25 July 2012

Chickpea Patties



The other night for dinner I made chickpea patties. I found them quick and easy to make. They were served with a bit of organic salsa and a green leafy salad. Despite being delicious I thought that they could have used a bit more seasoning. Something I will note the next time I make them.


Essentially you are taking a can of low sodium/no sodium chickpeas, drain and rinse. Let them dry out a bit. Take a blender and add the following:


the drained and rinsed chickpeas
finely chopped onion
grated lime rind
juice from 1 lime 
a couple teaspoons of cumin 
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped 


Blend everything into a coarse paste. Make them into patties. Coat the patties in flour on either side. Then add them to a fry pan that already has about 4 tablespoons of pre-heated olive oil. Cook until crisp on each side. Serve with salsa. Enjoy! -JW 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.