Monday 19 August 2024

Food Photo of the Day ~ Dill Pickle Poutine

 

Poutine is another favourite of ours that has more to do with the prep than cooking. I know I am not the first person to put chopped dill pickles on poutine in fact there is a poutinerie that has done so however at times when offered and visited, they have been sold out. So I decided to try a more modest approach, my version at home. I didn't fry the dill pickles, perhaps next time. They were quartered and roughly chopped and were an instant hit. Adding a fresh tangy sharp flavour to the savoury sautéed bacon and mushrooms, salty stretchy curds, pool of traditional seasoned gravy and slices of green onion, which I forgot and put on after the photo was taken. Very scrumptious for a unique blend of flavours with an added zing.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.