Wednesday 28 August 2024

Leftovers #69 ~ Korean Keema Fried Rice

 

It's a rarity we have leftover Korean Keema when having it for dinner. I could have possibly made more this time as I know how enjoyable this meal is. Rather than just eat the leftovers as is, which would have been perfectly fine, I decided to make a Korean Keema egg fried rice. I didn't use any additional sauce just a bit of oil. I heated a tablespoon of oil in a frypan over medium high heat, added the leftover keema meat and gently fried until heated through. I made a well in the centre of the frypan, pushing the meat to the sides of the frypan then adding two large eggs and lightly scrambling them before incorporating them into the meat mixture. I then added the leftover rice, breaking it up and stirring to mix everything together. The spicy sauce from the seasoned meat seemed to coat everything nicely so no additional sauce was needed and when serving add some freshly grated carrots and radishes or tangy pickled vegetables. Although keema is exceptionally tasty as is, this was an enjoyable leftover variation that was greatly appreciated and may be repeated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.