Wednesday 9 December 2015

Food Photo of the Day ~ Candy Cane Shortbread

I like to make all sorts of different flavours of shortbread and this one I came up with on a whim. I had some candy canes that were broken and decided to add them to the shortbread dough and then I add a few drops of red food colouring to the butter and some mint flavouring, to the butter before mixing into the dry ingredients. When they were baking the buttery mint smell filled the kitchen; although my son said that the cookies themselves didn't taste too minty. Which is great because one can have a heavy hand when adding additional flavour. They were decorated with an icing swirl to mimic a peppermint candy. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Still plenty more baking to do. - JD  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.