Wednesday 2 December 2015

Leftovers #24 ~ Meatloaf with Spinach


I do enjoy eating my spinach raw however I also keep some of those frozen blocks of  chopped spinach on hand. They are ready to use and save time. It depends on what I am making and how much spinach I need; this time I had some leftovers so I decided to add the remainder to the meatloaf I made for dinner on Sunday, as part of our Sunday roast meal. It was a very welcoming change that added a bit of colour to this ordinary classic dish while adding some vitamins and minerals. You can tell from the photo that the food was straight out of the oven, off the stove and on to the plate as there appears to be a foggy steamy haze lurking about. Perhaps it is the steam of meatloaf's past.

Nice golden brown top, moist and an excellent way to add more veggies and nutrients to a meal. 


It is Wednesday and the holiday baking continues... - JD 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.