Monday 22 June 2015

Korean Melon

While at my local shop this week I came across a Korean melon. The friendly lady in the produce section saw my quizzical interest and kindly came over to discuss the fruit. She told me how to ripen and what the inside tasted like. I chose to ripen on my counter for 2 days as opposed to placing in a brown paper bag with a potato on top of the refrigerator as she also suggested. 

Yesterday, I decided to slice it up and serve it with our lovely pancake brunch. The melon seemed juicy and smelt very much like cantaloupe and taste very much like cantaloupe. The enthusiastic produce lady said it had a melon and passionfruit taste. 

This is how the melon looked on the inside. Very similar to a honeydew melon however white rather than pale green. The melon can be eaten whole. We preferred to scooped out the seeds, slice it in long crescent moon shapes, following the nature grid that was provided, and we did not eat the rind. What was left behind went into the compost.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! - JD   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.