Monday 8 September 2014

Tasty

"The point I am making is that tasty cooking, tasty food doesn't have to mean spending hours over a stove. It can be had from opening a tin of beans, cooking them with a simple Holy Trinity of garlic, chilli and ginger, then serving them with some toast." - Tony Singh (from The Incredible Spice Men) I agree with Tony Singh and his outlook on cooking and food in general. Once in awhile I do get my inner chef on and want to spend loads of time in the kitchen however most days I do not.

This cookbook is divided into 6 delectable chapters with such titles as Munchies, Meat, Fish Suppers, Veggie, Short and Sweet and Pandora's Box. He knows how I... how most of us think about the food we consume. How we prepare, cook, bake, and eat. The importance of not stressing out in the kitchen and having fun. Like the front of the book says "Food that gives you a hug and makes you smile." I will gladly take that hug.

The Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Tacos sounds exotic, Hot Tofu Caesar Salad is a welcoming change on a popular salad, Easy Baked Sweet Potato Curry... fabulous and the Chickpea Burger with Smoked Aubergine and Grilled Ciabatta very comforting. There are recipes to satisfy the meat eater however I seem to be stuck on the Veggie chapter. The majority of the ingredients for the recipes can be found in ones well stocked pantry. And the photography in this cookbook is mouthwatering! Since I decided on making a quiche this week I will use the quiche recipe from this book. 

I highly recommend this book for anyone and everyone who appreciates new surges into culinary delights. I have the English edition because I bought it during my visit to the UK this summer.

Finally getting all school issues sorted out. Also we woke up to cooler temperatures and a bit of wet snowfall. - JW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.