Thursday 31 July 2014

Henderson's

I wanted to start my Scotland posts with this wonderful place, Henderson's. Henderson's are 100% vegetarian and use organic and locally sourced ingredients. They also offer vegan dishes and other dietary options. They hold art exhibitions and offer live music. During our meal there was a solo singer/guitarist. Unfortunately I didn't get his name however the sound of live music combined with great food made for a wonderful evening. Henderson's is also a family owned and operated restaurant. And has been in business for 52 years! The young lad that served us our dinner was the owner's grandson and he informed us that his dad worked in the kitchen. After exchanging pleasantries he let us get on with our main course. 

For starters: I had the hummus and my husband had the fritters, pictured here. Both were delicious and spot on.  





For the main meal: My husband had the vegetarian haggis and I had the vegetarian curry with rice. Both were flavourful and the portion size was perfect. Absolutely great food!




Henderson's do have a website and a Facebook page. To read more about Henderson's click *here*. No wonder their motto is Henderson's - Eat better, Live better. 

-JW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.