Wednesday 2 July 2014

Easy Summertime Salad Dressing

I eat a lot of salads throughout the year and not just during the summer. Therefore I am always making salad dressing. It is important to get the greens you need and even more important to show my kidlets that leafy greens and veggies are in fact delicious. My son prefers my salad dressing over anything store bought and enjoys being apart of the creative process when making one. This salad dressing is easy and will add the right touch to enhance your salad. To make this dressing you will need the following ingredients.

Easy Herb Salad Dressing 
--------------------------------------
1/4 cup lemon juice 
2/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of prepared mustard
3 teaspoons of summer savoury
freshly ground pepper to taste

Get a clean empty jar or a salad making container and place all the ingredients starting with the lemon juice in the chosen container. Shake or stir vigorously until all the ingredients are blended well. Pour and/or toss over a beautiful leafy green salad or vegetables. 

That is it! Simple ingredients and simple to make. I can not stress that enough.   

Notes: I usually use a grainy dijon mustard however I did not have any on hand so I used a standard mustard. You may also add a mixture of herbs instead of just one. Instead of stressing over squeezed lemons you may use a product called Real Lemon for the lemon juice. Adding and changing ingredients is a great way to get a distinctive flavour. 

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. - JW    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.