Monday 30 June 2014

Maple Bacon Seasoning

This seasoning was one that came as a suggestion from a friend. The smell is smoky with just a distinct touch of sweetness. Inhaling the aroma for the first time my senses tingled reminiscent of a good curry. Fenugreek is used to flavour some maple syrups and is also used in Indian cooking. So my thoughts reminding me of Asian food was not far off.

I went on a bit of a hunt for this seasoning and found it only at two places. Save On More and Walmart here in E-town. I first sprinkled it on popcorn. Very savoury and a bit salty. So I added a bit of white cheddar popcorn seasoning to tame the saltiness. It was quite flavourful popcorn.  

My second attempt with the Maple Bacon seasoning had me adding some to the chicken burgers I made over the weekend. I did not add an exact amount. Shaking enough into the raw meat until I felt I had the right amount of seasoning. As the burgers cooked the smell throughout the house was wonderful. As you can probably guess from the picture, they tasted very delicious!   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.