Thursday 29 August 2013

Wild Garlic Pasta

Awhile ago I bought some dried wild garlic pasta. Not really sure what it was all about I stored it away until I felt the time was right. Being at the Italian Centre the other day made me feel as though I should create a dish using this pasta. My first thought was a cream sauce... then I thought of a cheese sauce however I didn't want the heaviness of either.   


So I stuck with olive oil, garlic and a few dried herbs as my seasoning. I also added sautéed mushrooms, some prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and grated parmesan cheese. The taste was so flavourful. The pasta, to me, didn't taste much of garlic. There was just a very faint hint of garlic otherwise it tasted like any dried broad noodle. Still it was interesting to try and the colour a pale green with dark green flecks made it eye catching. - JW   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.